Sunday, 30 June 2013

a cardigan for Petal : part three

A very quick update on Petal's cardigan ~ as the main body is stocking stitch (knit a row, purl the next, knit the next and so on) I'm speeding along, and there's not much more to do.  I've been watching a TV series from the start that I missed first time round ~ each episode is 40 minutes long, which makes you realise just how many breaks there are usually!  Perfect for repetitive knitting, which is how I've got so much done the last few days.

I'm making the cardigan a little longer than directed by the pattern, since Petal has a long torso.  That's the advantage to knitting it myself I think, it can fit her shape rather ending up with baggy arms because she needs the length, or short because she is so slim.  


As you can see, the daisies along the back came out pretty even, and I think (well, I'm hoping) that they will prevent the cardi looking a bit boring and school uniform~y.  I've also cracked the secret to the daisies ~ even if you go wrong with the counting, just pretend you didn't ~ people (other than me) will not usually notice a mistake unless you show it to them, and if you think about it, that's a daft idea!  I know, a change of tune since part two ~ just goes to show how up and down I can be I suppose.  Even if the mistakes are all I see, if Petal doesn't notice them, and no one else spots it without me pointing them out, then they don't matter.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to do the daisies along the hemline this evening, and maybe the edging too . . . yep, that's right, I'm cautiously optimistic that it might be finished by this time tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If reading this has made you smile, or left you feeling sad; if you're fuming in anger, or shaking your head in disgust; if you'd like to share something, or just want to say hi, please do so here. Thank you.